Teacher of Middle School/High School Design & Technology
All applications must be submitted through our portal to be considered for the role. Please visit the career page on our portal for the full job details.
UWCSEA Dover has a vacancy for the 2021/2022 school year for a Teacher of Middle School Design and Technology. The teaching responsibilities for this position will primarily be in the Middle School but includes some High School classes too.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in inspiring a passion in Design and Technology in their students and should be experienced in teaching both Middle School and High School aged students in curriculum areas such as Product Design, Food Preparation and Nutrition, Textiles, Electronics and Engineering.
- Teachers should be willing to contribute positively to the collaborative culture of the Design Technology department and broader Middle School and High School teams.
- Teachers should construct learning experiences that challenge and inspire students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom and demonstrate a strong commitment to concept-based teaching and learning.
- Teachers should ensure assessments support ongoing learning and provide timely, relevant and appropriate feedback to students on formative and summative assessments.
- Teachers should demonstrate effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning.
- Teachers should keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
- A good degree in Design and Technology or a closely related discipline and a recognized teaching qualification or certification are expected.
- Successful teaching experience with young adolescents (11-14 years) is essential.
- Previous experience of teaching Design and Technology in the 11-14 age range is required.
- Teachers should be willing and eager to participate in the five key elements of a UWCSEA education: Academics; Activities; Outdoor Education; Personal and Social Education and Service.
- Academic expectations include enthusiastic participation in Professional Learning.
- On average the College expects a yearly contribution of two sessions per week in each season to Activities and/or Service.
- Pastoral expectations include the leadership of an Advisory group.
- The College expects that teachers will participate enthusiastically in the curricular Outdoor Education experiences which are relevant to their students. This includes a one week trip during the academic year with the Advisory group.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential alongside a willingness to adapt and develop pedagogy to meet the needs of our learners.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia