Teacher of High School Mathematics
UWCSEA East has a vacancy for a Teacher of High School Mathematics from August 2021.
The appointee will teach a range of classes from Grade 9 to Grade 12. The department offers all levels of IGCSE and IB Diploma Mathematics. A small amount of teaching in the Middle School (ages 11-14) may also be required. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are an excellent and inspiring practitioner with the drive to continually develop within the profession.
- Teach a variety of mathematics classes in Grade 9-12 and contribute ideas and resource to our concept based curriculum
- Teachers should be willing and eager to participate in the five key elements of a UWCSEA education: Academics; Activities; Outdoor Education; Personal and Social Education and Service
- Academic expectations include enthusiastic participation in Professional Learning
- Pastoral expectations include the leadership of a tutor group unless the teacher is exempted due to other responsibilities
- On average the College expects a yearly contribution of two sessions per week in each season to Activities and/or Service.
- The College expects that teachers will participate enthusiastically in the curricular Outdoor Education experiences which are relevant to their students and will also occasionally volunteer for holiday Outdoor Education trips.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential alongside a willingness to adapt and develop pedagogy to meet the needs of our learners
- Broad experience of curriculum programme development with IBDP experience of the new AA and AI courses would be an advantage
- A good degree in Mathematics or a closely related discipline and a recognized teaching qualification or certification are expected.
- Teachers should be willing to contribute positively to the collaborative culture of the Mathematics and broader High School teams.
- Teachers should construct learning experiences that challenge students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom and demonstrate a strong commitment to concept-based teaching and learning.
- Teachers should ensure assessments support ongoing learning and provide timely, relevant and appropriate feedback to students on formative and summative assessments.
- Teachers should demonstrate effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning.
- Teachers should keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
Interested applicants, please submit an applicant via our portal by Friday, 16 October 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia