Teacher of High School IB / IGCSE Economics [Part-time]
UWCSEA East has an immediate part-time vacancy for a part-time Teacher of High School Economics.
The successful candidate will join a thriving Humanities faculty of around 20, and the ideal candidate would have experience with (i)GCSE Economics and/or IB Economics. The role is around a third of a full timetable.
Please note that to apply for this role, you must be a Singapore Citizen, Permanent Resident or if you are a foreign applicant, you must have an internationally recognised qualification and reside in Singapore.
- Teachers should be willing to contribute positively to the collaborative culture of the Economics and broader High School teams.
- Teachers should construct learning experiences that challenge students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom and demonstrate a strong commitment to concept-based teaching and learning.
- Teachers should ensure assessments support ongoing learning and provide timely, relevant and appropriate feedback to students on formative and summative assessments.
- Teachers should demonstrate effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning.
- Teachers should keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
- A good degree and a recognized teaching qualification or certification are expected.
- Broad experience of curriculum development and programme development would be an advantage.
- Academic expectations include enthusiastic participation in Professional Learning
- Pastoral expectations include the leadership of a mentor group, unless the teacher is exempted due to other responsibilities.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential alongside a willingness to adapt and develop pedagogy to meet the needs of our learners
Along with a very competitive package, UWCSEA offers the incredibly high rewards that come from working with remarkable young people in a climate of innovation, collaboration and collegiality. Furthermore, the College offers outstanding levels of professional learning; we regularly hear from teachers that they learn more with us than at any other stage in their careers. Opportunities include structured internal courses, a self-driven Professional Learning Programme, support for further studies and an emphasis on concept-based teaching and learning. Above all, teachers are part of a professional learning community that allows them to share good practice and work with outstanding fellow teachers and practitioners.
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal latest by Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia