Teacher Of High School Co-ordinated Science and Chemistry
All applications must be submitted through our portal to be considered for the role. Please visit https://www.uwcsea.edu.sg/uwcsea-careers/teaching-roles/posts-leadership-role-default-page-clone/~board/teaching-roles/post/teacher-of-high-school-co-ordinated-science-and-chemistry?preview=true for the full job details.
UWCSEA East has a vacancy for August 2021 for a Teacher of High School Chemistry and Science. The appointee will teach IB Diploma Chemistry and IGCSE Coordinated Science. The ability to teach Theory of Knowledge would be an advantage but is not essential.
The Science Department is composed of enthusiastic and dynamic teachers who work in a very well-resourced environment for learning. Teaching takes place in dedicated science classrooms that are part of a large, vibrant science faculty at UWCSEA.
- Teachers should be willing to contribute positively to the collaborative culture of the Science and broader High School teams.
- Teachers should construct learning experiences that challenge students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom and demonstrate a strong commitment to concept-based teaching and learning.
- Teachers should ensure assessments support ongoing learning and provide timely, relevant and appropriate feedback to students on formative and summative assessments.
- Teachers should demonstrate effective classroom management that shows an understanding of the academic, social and emotional dimensions of learning.
- Teachers should keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
- A good degree and a recognized teaching qualification or certification are expected.
- Teachers should be willing and eager to participate in the five key elements of a UWCSEA education: Academics; Activities; Outdoor Education; Personal and Social Education and Service.
- Academic expectations include enthusiastic participation in Professional Learning.
- Pastoral expectations include the leadership of a mentor group, unless the teacher is exempted due to other responsibilities.
- On average the College expects a yearly contribution of two sessions per week in each season to Activities and/or Service.
- The College expects that teachers will participate enthusiastically in the curricular Outdoor Education experiences which are relevant to their students and will also occasionally volunteer for holiday Outdoor Education trips.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential alongside a willingness to adapt and develop pedagogy to meet the needs of our learners.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia