Teacher, Kindergarten Care
YMCA of Singapore | Date Posted: 20-Jun-2018
Permanent, Part Time
Entry Level, Student Job
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
Your role includes ensuring safety and health standards, handling emergencies, setting up specially designed environment and implementing the KCare Centre’s programme based on the KCare Guide that will be provided by the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the setting up of specially designed environment including pre-activity set up. Ensure the programme materials are in superior quality and adequate supply.
- To manage children between 5 to 6 years old and provide high levels of interaction to promote critical thinking and positive attitudes towards learning.
- Implement the KCare Centre’s programme based on the KCare Guide provided.
- Supervise activities such as field trips and sharing sessions to stimulate children’s interest and broaden the understanding of their physical and social environment.
- Demonstrate and use audio-visual teaching aids to present subject matter to class.
- Observe and monitor how and what children are learning and use the information to create new learning opportunities for children.
- Observe and monitor how and what children are learning and use the information to develop children’s developmental profile.
- Provide support, warmth and emotional support for the children when needed.
- Instruct children in practices of personal cleanliness and self-care. Exhibit a sense of calm, consistency, grace and courtesy toward the children.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each individual child. Observe children to detect signs of ill health or emotional disturbance and to evaluate progress.
- Able to handle emergencies and solve problems.
- Maintain an appropriate atmosphere of safety, learning, and fun, in line with YMCA’s philosophy.
- Keep attendance reports.
- Responsible for maintaining order in classroom and on playground.
- Any other duties or projects to be assigned by the immediate superior
- SCC (Early Years-EY)-trained1 or ACECCE/CECCE2 and above
- Conversant in the English language
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Patient and love teaching children.
Please send your latest resume, indicating your earliest availability date, current and expected salaries by clicking on "Apply Now" button below.
You may also write to:
The HR Department,
YMCA of Singapore,
One Orchard Road,
YMCA of Singapore
YMCA of Singapore is a volunteer-based Christian organisation that seeks to serve and impact all members of the community, regardless of race, language or religion, through programmes, services and enterprises to develop the body, mind and spirit. YMCA also owns various social enterprises, such as the YMCA International House, YMCA Child Development and Student Care Centres, YMCA School and YMCA Tertiary Education.