Teacher / Head of Sports, Exercise and Health Science and Teacher of PE
UWCSEA East has a vacancy for a Teacher / Head of IB Sports, Exercise and Health Science and Teacher of HS/MS PE from August 2021. The successful candidate will be a highly resourceful and forward-thinking collaborator, passionate about delivering an exciting PE and SEHS curriculum. The candidate will join a vibrant and successful K12 PE Department with regular events taking place throughout the year.
- Leading the IB Sports, Exercise and Health Science programme in Grades 11 and 12. Our programme is currently in its first year, so this is an exciting leadership opportunity.
- Willing to contribute positively to the collaborative culture of the PE and broader High School teams.
- Interested and experienced in exploring "big ideas" in PE with their students and considering ways to support their conceptual understanding
- Teachers should keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
- Employ a wide variety of learning and teaching strategies including the use of new technologies to make learning both effective and enjoyable.
- Capable and willing to coach teams throughout the year as part of the Activity programme.
- A good degree and a recognized teaching qualification or certification, or significant teaching experience in sports or outdoor education is expected.
- Specific experience of IB Sports, Exercise and Health Science is required.
- The ability to engage with students and to engender enthusiasm for learning is a prerequisite for teaching at UWCSEA.
- Applicants should be enthusiastic about teaching within a multi-cultural environment. Flexibility of approach and a collaborative style are essential.
- Teachers should be willing and eager to participate in the five key elements of a UWCSEA education: Academics; Activities; Outdoor Education; Personal and Social Education and Service
- Academic expectations include enthusiastic participation in Professional Learning
- Pastoral expectations include the leadership of a tutor group, unless the teacher is exempted due to other responsibilities.
- On average the College expects a yearly contribution of two sessions per week in each season to Activities and/or Service.
- The College expects that teachers will participate enthusiastically in the curricular Outdoor Education experiences which are relevant to their students and will also occasionally volunteer for holiday Outdoor Education trips.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential alongside a willingness to adapt and develop pedagogy to meet the needs of our learners
Interested applicants, please submit an applicant via our portal by Friday, 16 October 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia