Teacher Aide (Intern) - 5 months
The Youth For Autism (YFA) program (https://yfa.autism.org.sg/) is a 6-month vacation program set-up specifically for youths waiting to enter into Universities or taking a gap year. This program provides an opportunity to expose youths who are keen to contribute in the social services or teaching sector.
We invite youths who have proven commitment and competence to join us as a Teacher Aide (Intern) for 5 months (End Dec 2019 - End May 2020) to transform the lives entrusted to us.
Your responsibilities as a Teacher Aide (Intern) will include:
- Providing effective class support to students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) using 5 ASD friendly features in classrooms
- Providing 1:1 behvaioral support to students who require added support
- Working collaboratively with Educators to prepare teaching materials and resources for lessons and workshops
- Contributing to school-wide projects, co-curricular activities (CCAs), subject and event committees in your assigned department and/or other departments
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by your Supervisor
- Remuneration: $1,250 per month
You should possess:
- Minimum GCE 'A' Levels/ Diploma and above
- A strong willingness to learn and grow your skills & knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Desire to learn about Autism and the passion to serve the autism community and their families
If you are qualified and keen to be part of a life transforming team, please visit https://yfa.autism.org.sg/#apply to complete our YFA Application Form.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Autism Resource Centre (S) / Pathlight School