System Support Engineer
Are you seeking the new norm career opportunities?
We are helping Thatz International Pte Ltd to identify suitable talents to help them to grow their business in the new norm. Selected talents will be placed with them to carry out their Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy (Thatz 2.0) or Outsourcing business.
Who we are
Thatz Resources Pte Ltd (Agency License No. 04S4557) has been established since the Year 2000 to recruit the right IT candidate that meets our clients’ requirements at all levels. We always have great success in matching the best candidate with the job openings.
- Right Pricing
- User eXperience
Our CORE VALUES:
- Forward Looking
- Humanity, and
- Environmental Friendly
Systems Support Engineer
Job Title: Systems Support Engineer
Work Location: Central, Singapore
Job Type: 3 Years Contract, subject to renewal
About the Job
The Systems Support Engineer undertakes complex projects related to system provisioning, installations, configurations as well as monitoring and maintenance of systems. Applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in systems administration and works toward continuous optimisation of system performance. Implements system improvements and instructs other IT staff in the resolution of most complex issues. Required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays to resolve systems related incidents.
Works in a team setting and is proficient in Infrastructure systems and Network related tools and techniques required by the organisation. Familiar with the relevant platforms on which the database is deployed on.
The Systems Support Engineer is able to quickly and effectively solve issues as they arise. Able to methodically identify the cause of the issue, evaluate it and develop a solution in collaboration with the team. Able to communicate effectively and displays high service level standards.
- Oversee service level agreements and service improvements
- Validate user requirements and manage the development of service-level objectives and targets
- Monitor service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded
- Develop client satisfaction metrics and service procedures
- Propose recommendations to improve performance and client satisfaction
- Design and develop new systems
- Develop new systems in accordance with business analysis and systems requirements
- Design security and integrity controls
- Install, modify, implement and maintain systems
- Define the system maintenance procedures
- Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs
- Conduct user acceptance tests for the newly deployed systems
- Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions and/or best practices
- Provide technical advice on installation, setup, configuration of systems
- Optimise systems performance
- Explore opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
- Conduct system audits and upgrades
- Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
- Analyse system requirements and performance to optimise the use of network operating systems
- Schedule installations and upgrades in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and protocols
- Resolve system-related incidents
- Conduct risk assessments of systems
- Investigate cause of systems issues and resolve issues to ensure uninterrupted operations
- Resolve escalated system-related issues to identify root cause and potential solutions
- Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Science, Engineering or related qualification.
- At least 3 years of experience in supporting user computing domain
- Experience with mobility infrastructure and mobility applications
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize workload
- Strong interest in providing business application technical support to corporate end users.
- Customer-oriented, patient and a strong team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Locals preferred.
What’s in it for you?
It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- Competitive Salary
- H&S Insurance Coverage
- Annual Leave and Medical Benefits
- Company events and annual awards (subject to Covid-19 situation)
- Community and sustainability support
- Other benefits
Key objective of this role:
To deliver awesome user experience through result oriented outcome with friendly service disposition ...we call it Thatz Way!
ARE YOU THATZ ONE?
Get in touch
- Prepare your updated resume (please include your notice period, current salary package with full breakdown such as base, incentives, annual wage supplement, etc.) and expected package.
- Apply through this application or send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
- All shortlisted candidates will be contacted
As an advocate for fair employment, we strive to do our best to render objective and merit based considerations for all applications, and we shall communicate with you personally when short-listed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For those who are not short-listed, your profile will be kept for other opportunities where suitable.
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Thatz International Pte Ltd for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act.
Best wishes to your job search!
Feel free to recommend this position to your friend(s) or relative(s) who may meet our needs and be rewarded.
For more information about THATZ and other job listings, please visit: www.thatz.com
Please like our Facebook: www.facebook.com/thatz.international
Thatz Resources Pte Ltd