System Engineer x 10
ITCAN Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 21-Sep-2019
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Work within a team environment to ensure daily availability of WINTEL servers with significant business or IT impact, handling all Windows Server OS installations, administrations, incidents, Root Cause.
- Implementation of Windows based infrastructure based on business requirements
- Ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Windows based infrastructure based on business requirements
- Troubleshoot and resolve Windows OS related incidents and problems according to customer processes
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for OS related service problems as part of problem management
- Liaise with support vendors for maintenance, support or issues resolution.
- Support Windows Server based systems, system software, clustering software and system management agents.
- Assist in analyzing historical usage for tracking and trending by CPU, memory, I/O and storage
- Implement capacity improvement plan
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Technical Disaster Recovery Plan. Provide technical support during disaster
- Execute Technical Disaster Recovery plan during DR and DR drill.
- Setting up and managing Windows Active Directory experience inclusive of managing GPOs and user profiles
- Setting up and managing Windows Clustering
- Setting up and managing VMWare hosts (inclusive of VCenters) and virtual machines including all OS platforms (Linux and windows)
- Working knowledge in VMware vSphere 4.x and above
- Setting up and managing Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Setting up and managing Netbackup and/or BackupExec, including defining backup policies based on industry standards
- Setting up and managing enterprise-wide Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, including defining policies based on industry standards
- Review event logs on a regular basis based on business requirements
- Manage the server OS patching procedure and security hardening
- Evaluate and review patches, before and after installation
- Perform backup and restore of systems based on business requirement
- Manage and monitor systems using monitoring software
- Conduct operational meetings with customer
- Writing/updating technical design, build and process documentations
- Working knowledge in SAN Storage management
- Working experience in government agency is preferable.
- Possess reasonable leadership and interpersonal skills and have experience working in large enterprise operational environments
- Process good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to independently solve and troubleshoot problems
- Familiarity in carrying out Deep level Windows server OS troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Knowledge in Microsoft Cluster is a must
- Knowledge in Windows, where documented knowledge/certification for Windows 2003/2008 is a must and 2012 would be an advantage.
- Working experience of installation and operation of Windows Servers (2003/2008/2012) operating systems, software and backup solutions.
- Knowledge of server hardware and equipment such as HP/IBM /Dell servers and HP/IBM SAN would be an advantage
- Familiarity with enterprise virus protection software.
- Familiarity with major systems monitoring software and its functionality.
- ITIL Foundation certified or equivalent work experience
- Some automation and scripting experience and SAN storage knowledge would be an advantage
- Self-motivated, customer oriented and a team player when involved in projects
ITCAN Pte Ltd