System Engineer (Renewable Contract / Newton MRT) - J11
- Nearest MRT: Newton MRT
- 6 months renewable contract
- Working hours: Monday - Friday, 830am to 6pm
1. Provide System Administration including but not limited to the following:
- Change parameter to system software;
- Create, delete and modify, define domains;
- Create, delete and modify system utilities and other scripts;
- Create, delete and modify system and user login scripts;
- Create, delete and modify drive mappings;
- Create, delete, revoke, disable and modify user accounts;
- Grant and revoke access to directories/ files;
- Create, delete and modify print servers and queues;
- Create, delete and modify directories;
- Create, delete and modify and grant access to application services;
- Create, delete and modify application access accounts;
- Develop and monitor backup/ recovery jobs, cron jobs, procedures and schedules;
- Schedule and execute production jobs;
- Maintain backups of configurations of the web, application and database servers;
- Perform SSL certificate renewal for the systems;
- Create, delete, deploy and modify File Transfer Program (FTP) / Secure File
- Transfer Protocol (SFTP) accounts and scripts;
- Manage the encryption/ decryption keys for the server;
- Conduct proactive performance tuning whenever required on all the IT system and database parameters;
- Conduct proactive housekeeping of all log files in the system, database and application and keep them for a minimum period as requested by the Customer;
- Monitor proactively and alert the Customer on the potential problems on hardware and software which may affect the system availability and performance; and Security hardening of the servers.
2. Install, un-install or upgrade the system software, inclusive of operating system and its associated system software.
3. Schedule and execute production jobs in accordance with the specifications as stipulated by the Customer.
4. Work with server vendor or other third-party vendor to analyse, troubleshoot and resolve all server-related problems.
5. Document and maintain server administration guides, logical system diagrams and operation manuals. Create such documents if they are currently not available.
6. Backup and recovery of all operating systems, application programs, users/ business data of the Customer’s environment, configurations of the web, application and database servers.
- Minimally three (3) years hands-on experience in administration of servers.
- Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare
- Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
- Systems Administrator (MCSA), ITIL or equivalent.
- Knowledge with EMC storage
- Good understanding with application tiers, IIS, Databases
- Good understanding with Change Management processes
- Basic Networking knowledge is a plus
- Experience in Commvault/Symantec Backup Products, Trendmicro/Symantec Anti-virus products, certified in Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) will be a plus
Interested applicants please email your resume in confidence to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Please include the position applied and indicate J11 in the subject header.
*We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified*
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)