System Engineer (Project)
Ocean Communications Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 3-Aug-2020
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Roles And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, installation, testing, commissioning and support of Telecommunication systems, Security systems, IP network etc according to solution requirement in meeting customer requirements.
- Participate in presales engagement activity and assist with the formulation of sales proposals.
- Conduct proof of concept task.
- Plan and perform project deployment roll up including site survey, installation, testing, commissioning and user acceptance test till project closure.
- Provide administrative training to customers on operation and maintenance needs.
- Provide first level support to customers on Telecommunication systems, Security systems, IP network etc related problems.
- Formulate escalation action plan and follow up proactively until problem is resolve.
- Create and maintain of site specific network and system configuration document for post implementation support.
- Liaise with principals for technical assistance on solutions and support.
- To support the rack integration team when required.
- Work at height and small confined spaces when required.
- Able to work in vessels, oil rigs etc when required.
- Able to work in customers' premises and travel overseas on job assignment when required.
- Able to work after office hours, weekends and public holidays when required.
- Able to perform Standby duty to attend to customers' sites during and after office hours, weekends and public holidays when required.
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Understand and adhere to health & safety policies and ensure quality of workmanship is maintained at all times to the highest possible standards.
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- Experience in Telecommunication systems, Security systems, IP network etc.
- Experience in system troubleshooting and problem isolation.
- Ability to provide both hardware and software technical support and services
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Autocad, etc
Ocean Communications Pte Ltd