System Engineer - NetBackUp
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)| Date Posted: 21-Dec-2020
EA Licence No: 06C5060|EA Personal Registration No: 200818951C
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- 1 year renewable contract
- Working location: Nearby Bedok MRT
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 830am to 6pm
- Perform daily monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of backup jobs on platforms (MS Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, VMware, and UNIX servers).
- Manage and support Storage systems, including vulnerability remediation, capacity management, configuration management, provisioning and zoning of new servers using SAN switches.
- Analyse backup software performance accordingly to meet client needs and monitoring of scheduled backups to ensure success or take remedial action for failures
- Provide backup system data statistics to management.
- Perform regular DR (Disaster Recovery) test plan of backup data restoration and storage replication availability.
- Monitor usage and performance of storage and perform capacity planning for storage growth to management.
- Manage storage and backup changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Ensure service level meet requirement. Propose and implement action plan when required.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Be able to effectively operate within set guidelines, policies and procedures, and able to execute instructions with minimal supervision.
- Min. Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or a relevant discipline.
- Min. 2-4 years of experience as a Storage & Backup Engineer
- Have clear understanding of various Storage & Backup technologies (e.g. EMC, NetBackup etc.).
- Have extensive working knowledge on Storage & Backup admin, troubleshooting on Unix and Wintel platforms will be a plus
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)