System Engineer (MCSE / ITIL)
The role of System Engineer requires configuring and managing servers of different operating systems, such as Windows, Linux and open source, including installing, fixing issues, and upgrading while implementing enhancements to them to improve performance and reliability.
- Provide end user technical support (Software) to all Global Sites, hardware support to local site.
- Answering, evaluating, and prioritizing requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Deployment of new workstations (PC/notebooks) and network printers, installation of OS, applications and drivers.
- Logging and tracking requests using help desk software (Remedy), maintains history records, and related problem documentation.
- Sourcing and liaising with Vendors on purchasing hardware / warranty maintenance contracts and handling resolution and follow-up.
- Installing, documenting, inventorying, maintaining, and troubleshooting all information technology assets including but not limited to:
- Physical network infrastructure: cabling, switches, routers, etc.
- Hardware: personal computers, servers, printers, personal digital assistants, etc.
- Configuration & monitoring of backup
- Application software products
- Server and personal computer operating system software.
- E-mail server.
- Data backup and redundancy.
- Security policies and procedures.
- Administration of Windows 2003/2008 Domain Controllers, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS, Group Policy Objects, File & Print Servers, WSUS, Exchange, Threat Management Gateway, Dell Equal logic Storage, HyperV / VMWare for Global Sites.
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills through in-services, workshops, and/or seminars.
- Demonstrating flexibility in adjusting to variable workload and job duties.
- Maintaining an organized, clean, and safe work environment.
- Abiding by the strict confidentiality policy of the Company.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum Diploma in Computer Related discipline with at least 3 years of related experience
- MCSE and ITIL certification is preferred
- Excellent oral communication, listening, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors, and users.
- Humble attitude about knowledge limitations, know when to ask for help.
- Ability to listen to users in a courteous and friendly manner, acknowledge the reality of their problems, translate their descriptions into technical terms, fix the problems, and explain the solutions in terms the users can understand.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability and willingness to communicate effectively and appropriately in an empathetic and understanding manner.
- Must be able to communicate in English and Mandarin due to frequent liaison with Chinese speaking stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, think logically and creatively, follow established procedures, with the commitment to see the problem through to resolution.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Self-discipline and ability to prioritize a workload with multiple tasks and multiple demands and meet due dates.
- Ability to learn from experience and informal/formal instruction.
- Planning and managing projects without closed supervision.
- Work location : West (near MRT station)
Selected candidate will be awarded with a competitive compensation package and a rewarding career. Please click "Apply" to submit your application with your full cv and include your current/last drawn salary, expected salary, your availability/notice period, motivation factors for your next career move and a recent passport size photo.
For any enquiries, please write to laypeng(a)thameshr.com (Reg No. R1217654)
We thank you for your interest in this application and regret that only short-listed candidates are notified
Thame's Human Resources Pte Ltd