System Engineer (Cloud and Data Centre)
IQ Dynamics Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 17-Feb-2021
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain Azure Virtual Machines, Application Software and System Management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with consultants/developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Support end user computing needs of the company (e.g. Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, IT assets management)
- Support the Management in Capacity Planning and Monitoring and make recommendations
- Understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures regarding information security management, Personal data protection and data confidentiality
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows, Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks in Windows Operating System, Infrastructure and Database Server Environments
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Microsoft Azure
- Experience in server patching with automation tools (e.g., Solarwinds, WSUS)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with security information event management tools (e.g., Solarwinds, Splunk or Datadog etc)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., MasterSAM)
- Experience in Network Firewall and knowledge in Web Application Firewall
- Good scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Solid experience in Office Business solutions (e.g. Active Directory, ESET Antivirus, etc.)
- Most importantly, ability and passion to learn new technologies when the opportunity arises.
- To understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures regarding information security management, Personal data protection and data confidentiality.
- Perform the role assigned, if applicable, in managing information security and data protection.
IQ Dynamics Pte Ltd