System Developer - Casino Operations
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 11-Jan-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Assist with the Coordination of systems development activities. Establish priorities, resolve technical problems and maintain standardized documentations.
- Ensure that application and/or infrastructure projects are managed and administered in line with prescribed corporate standards and procedures and are delivered to the agreed scope, time scales and costs.
- Assist with the provision of timely, accurate and effective business designs to implement new and modified applications.
- Collaborate with users to identify requirements and resolve problems and to maintain efficiency and productivity of the department’s applications and operating systems.
- Provide analytical support, reviewing identified problem areas and/or changes in business requirements, and proposing changes to systems and business processes to ensure effectiveness.
- Monitor and recommend changes to improve the reliability, scalability, extensibility, security and performance of existing software systems.
- Provide technical training where necessary in collaboration with IT, including being conversant with the present and future systems, its impact on overall business and how the present and future systems can be exploited for the benefit of the department.
- Assist with the design of instructional systems to facilitate department’s needs, organizational issues and development.
- Effectively communicate with end users and resolve problems.
- Consistently maintain a thorough knowledge of new software and new technologies, enabling accurate recommendations.
- Provide timely progress reports on projects.
- Perform within the guidelines of department’s policies and directives at or above the performance or evaluation standards.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to Departmental and Company policies.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage multi-threaded projects, or co-ordinate concurrent projects.
- A strong service orientation and business focus.
- Proficient In the usage of .Net technologies, ASP.NET, C#, Java Script, CSS3, Ajax, Entity Framework, DevExpress, XPO.
- 3 year’s development experience and can demonstrate strong understanding of fundamentals of requirements specification, design, coding, and testing of information systems.
- Experienced with the usage of Software design patterns.
- Experience in building responsive web applications.
- Proficient in the usages MS SQL Server.
- Proficient in REST based APIs using JSON, OData, Web API and web services.
- Applies well-defined and disciplined development, implementation, and production processes.
- Proven & demonstrable hands-on experience in developing high-availability, multi-tiered and secure web applications.
- Good debugging and trouble shooting skills. Must have worked on IDEs – Visual Studio.
- Experienced in using version control systems, TFS.