System Analyst (SME - Financial Accounting/ SAP ECC6 platform)
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Facilitate IT related projects for UOB Group and APAC branches that may be assigned from time to time.
- Understand business function and analyse user requirements, make a clear scope of project and build consensus with users (Create ‘Project Management Plan’).
- Lead in analysis and scoping of data sourcing and functional enhancements, functional/application design, functional specification discussion, and obtain users agreements.
- Obtain commitments from all identified stakeholders on creation of project plan and handle of project change management.
- Create project schedule, project activity list and control to keep the schedule and within budget.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Arrange with users to conduct User Acceptance Test and arrange with vendor (where relevant) to prepare necessary test environment and support functional testing.
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Prepare necessary documents to facilitate and deliver the project (Release checklist, UAT results, etc.).
- Communicate project details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Lead and co-ordinate Go-Live activities, including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Ensure that the delivery of assigned projects meet or exceed user expectations.
- Review post implementation issues coming out from project implementation.
- Manages risks and resolve issues for production incidents assigned.
- Manages relationships and coordinate work between different team members, and with developer resources.
- Will need to understand impacts of branches and code merges arising from needs of conflicting projects, change requests, and production incident fixes.
- Will need to closely supervise developer resources work, and ensure that quality coding practices and processes have been observed.
- Continually works towards making improvements in the FA team’s processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-10 years of previous project management experience, with exposure to project management best practices/ methodologies/ project lifecycle.
- 5-10 years of supporting SAP ECC6 environment from a functional perspective, with solid understanding of core Finance modules such as Finance and Controlling (FICO) (including General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Cost Center Accounting (CO-CCA) and Internal Order Management (CO-IO); and Budget Control System (BCS).
- Working knowledge of Material Management (MM), Workflow Management functionalities, Flexible Real Estate (RE-FX) and Asset Accounting (AA) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP ABAP programming language, Control-M schedule, and JIRA issue management tool is preferred.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office with expert level knowledge of Excel, and working knowledge of MS Access.
- Experience with IT support of Financial Accounting and Procurement business functions is preferred.
- Capability in requirement analysis and functional design skills in an SAP ECC6 environment.
- Capability of self-learning and a quick learner.
- Be adaptable, flexible and be able to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced and growing organization/environment.
- Good communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to network and influence others without direct oversight or supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues in distributed global locations.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)