System Administrator (Permanent Role)
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)| Date Posted: 12-Sep-2020
EA Licence No: 06C5060|EA Personal Registration No: 200818951C
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Permanent Role
- Working location: Nearby to Novena MRT
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 830am to 6pm
- Overall ownership of system operation support
- Monitoring capacity and make recommendations to improve system performance
- Undertake planning of maintenance activities and its downtime
- Prioritise and complete routine tasks without supervision
- Perform software and hardware upgrades/patches on production/UAT elements
- Identify and apply appropriate standards during staging and production deployment
- Monitor and ensure deployed elements are working to required standards
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix incidents, as well as propose measures what will improve the efficiency of existing system and storage platforms
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated.
- Provide timely status updates to relevant parties, including service desk and liaising with hardware vendors
- Perform service request related to system/storage platforms
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the system/storage; provide regular reporting to relevant parties
- Min. 2 or more years of working experience as System Administrator on Servers administration
- Experience in support for HPUX/Unix/Linux/Solaris system platform, with strong knowledge Servers operating system.
- Knowledge and experience in installation, configuration and setup servers’ infrastructure and Servers clustering.
- Knowledge and experience on Servers shell/Perl Scripting for Servers automation and scripting.
- Experience on installation, setup and configuration of servers back for NetBackup/Networker and operating system native backup solution.
- Experience on Servers security, performance tuning and Servers capacity planning is required.
- Knowledge with server’s hardware for HP Blade, VC, SIM, RX integrity series will be advantage.
- Experience with enterprise storage and SANs storage and EMC Powerpath will be advantage.
- Ability to coordinate with customer, application project managers & vendors on servers’ infrastructure setup and installation.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and a commitment to maintain optimum server system availability for customer.
- Strong customer focus with emphasis on commitment to continuous improvement in server’s system availability and performance.
Jobster Pte Ltd (EA License No: 06C5060)