System Administrator (Linux, Firewall, Network Security, Checkpoint, Singaporean Only)
- Perform the System Administration, networking and deployment activities.
- He needs to provide technical solutions to the Support team , including project managers, analysts, engineers and customers, on the end-to-end technical solution including hardware, software, application, connectivity, operational solution.
- Understand client requirements at a detailed level in order to translate them into technical specifications;
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments & KVM Virtualization experience
- Good understanding on deployment of application in Linux based environments.
- Familiarity with network services including DNS (BIND/named), SMTP (Sendmail, Postfix), NTP, LDAP (OpenLDAP, Active Directory), HTTP (Apache, HAProxy). Experience with SSL protocols and certificate management.
- Understanding on load balancing, firewalls, etc
- Daily Database Support tasks for proper functioning of system
- Knowledge of 11g R2 RAC.
- Knowledge of execution of Database patches as when is needed.
- Scheduling scripts and procedures through Oracle jobs and crontab and schedulers over HP-UX and solaris.
- Experience in handling a DR drill (complete life cycle).
- Provide technical impact analysis for Change Requests.
- Adhere to installation guidelines and industry best practices in order to deliver quality service and infrastructure to Operations
- Proactively detect problems related to service and infrastructure operations and delivery services, conduct diagnostics and provide service request ownership to ensure resolution of customer problems
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- 2 years experience in Linux administration
- Experience with Firewall and checkpoint
- Design, plan and implement new data center network equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, DNS servers, Proxy servers, IDS/IPS devices, and others.Must have dealt directly with external customers delivering to SLAs
- Knowledge of Cisco switches, Cisco wireless access points, UPS's, and routing technologies. Configuration, troubleshooting and implementation
- Administer and manage network security solutions, including firewalls, network demilitarized zone, and Virtual Private Networks and intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Ability to install and configure applications in one or more technology / vendor environment
- Knowledge of ITIL and service management practices and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of network and communication protocols
- Ability to support, troubleshoot, analyze and investigate in one or more technology / vendor environment
- Employment Type: 12 months Contract Renewable
- **Note: Working on Government Projects. This position only considers Singaporean job seekers.
- Foreigner Job Applicants will not be considered.
Please send your updated CV in MS Words format to Christopher Wong at [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Christopher Wong | Registration No: R1104673
GMP TECHNOLOGIES (S) PTE LTD