SVP, Trade Project Management, Product Development - Group Wholesale Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
Reporting to the team head of Trade Product Development, the position will be part of the GWB Product Development team as the key focal point for UOB’s GWB Trade digital and transformation programmes.
Establishing a proper structure with the objective of ensuring all GWB trade finance business projects are executed using a ‘best-practice’ Project Delivery Approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
This role oversees a portfolio of GWB trade finance business projects, provides expert knowledge and support, tracks progress and reports on the overall status, align and manage timeliness of key stakeholders across other business and functional units. Complex projects will include implementation Trade System change across Financial Supply Chain, Open Account Trade and Documentary Trade as well as revamping the Trade Business’ Target Operating Model.
This role also ensures project resources have the right toolsets and processes in place and that all project managers are trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
- Manage the day-to-day activities in as required under the projects assigned. Manage the Project seamlessly and provide or solicit timely and salient updates, flag out and escalate key risks and impediments timely and help provide overall strategic direction of programme to key stakeholders.
- Manage the administration for project submissions and approvals through the agreed prioritisation and approval process (i.e. TPWC, ITC), maintain a pipeline of approved projects.
- Maintain overall project plan, ensure that all aspects of the projects are captured, recorded, followed up and documented properly. Consolidate and maintain overall project plans and logs (issue, risk, change management, financials, budget, headcount, etc).
- Provide timely and periodic updates / dashboards to the steering committee(s), project sponsors, project lead and the project working group.
- Ensure all GWB trade finance business projects are delivered according to project schedules and budgets you have developed in consultation within Product Development and other stakeholders (such as Sales, Product Management, Coverage, Technology and Operations, and other key functional teams).
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information on project performance for the preparation and production of project reports for internal management purposes. Manage and report on status, progress, issues and risks and escalate to senior management when appropriate.
- Ensure the realisation of business change through successful planning, management and implementation.
- Work closely with Product Development, Transaction Banking, Coverage Groups, Technology and Operations teams to manage communication of new and enhanced product solutions as well as overall governance, process improvements and organizational change.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10 years of working experience, ideally in the Trade Business or Trade Technology or Operations space and significant experience at a senior level in a PMO function.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of complex projects, business initiatives and transformation programmes (Trade system replacement, Target Operating Model or Process re-engineering) will be an added advantage.
- Recognized formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent) is preferred.
- Team management experience with the ability to mentor, coach and motivate a team of project managers.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Excellent written & spoken English essential.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)