Sustainability Senior Executive/Manager
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who have a solid understanding and knowledge of public policy, regulations and industry standards related to sustainability including plastics & packaging, food waste, and the implications on the environment. To apply for this role, you should be an experienced professional who thrives on using your initiative and enjoys the challenge of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
He/She will report directly to the Head of Sustainability to monitor and drive sustainability-related policies & regulations that have a positive impact on the food & beverage industry in Asia. He/She will need to monitor and analyse policy & regulatory developments at the national, regional and global level that may influence or effect change across Asia. This allows for timely response, impact assessment, and mitigation. He/She will manage stakeholder mapping & engagement on the relevant issues to support strategic stakeholder engagement, cultivation and partnerships to nurture and facilitate a positive environment for both the food & beverage industry and the environment in which industry operates in.
- Policy and regulatory monitoring and analysis on sustainability issues affecting the food & beverage industry.
- Engage with FIA members and in-country stakeholders regularly including policymakers, International Organizations and NGOs to develop a strong understanding of the policy & regulatory process, identify when and how to access them, and drive actions that have a positive impact for both industry and government.
- Develop strategy & white papers to engage internal and external stakeholders and policymakers.
- Develop effective briefs to build stakeholder engagement strategies aimed at driving mutually positive outcomes for stakeholders.
- Maintain an updated stakeholder map to facilitate effective engagement.
- Organise and manage meetings in Singapore and the region such as workshops, working group meetings, etc.
- Write thought leadership pieces for the FIA website and social media platforms.
- Represent FIA at internal & external meetings and platforms including conferences & workshops.
- Research & prepare materials (slides, briefs) for meetings.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- University/Diploma in environmental studies or social science that includes sustainability and public policy courses (preferably)
- At least 2 years’ (3 years for Manager) experience in a similar role
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving capability
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Knowledgeable and interested in international developments on sustainability topics
- Strong planning, stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills
- Ability to manage multi-faceted issues simultaneously, with execution capability
- Working hours: Mon-Fri 9-6pm. Location: Orchard
- Applicants able to start within short notice will have added advantage
Interested and suitable candidates please forward your resume with your reason for leaving and expected salary to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Food Industry Asia