Sushi Chef - Waku Ghin
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 26-Jun-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Support the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef and the team ensuring smooth daily operations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of scheduled menus of the kitchen / F&B outlets as well as the menu items preparation method/time, major ingredients, quality standards, taste, texture, serving temperature, portion size and presentation method.
- Uncompromising level of commitment and support to the Hygiene Manager and Executive Chef in order to achieve the highest level of food safety requirement in all kitchens applying “First in First out!” best kitchen practice.
- Provide accurate recipes with appropriate training to the line cooks enabling them to deliver consistent food product. Assist individuals with their job functions and on the job training when necessary to ensure optimum service to customers.
- Estimate food consumption to schedule purchases and requisition of raw materials. Minimize waste and spoilage to expenses in line with budget.
- Prepare efficient daily work list and train line cooks to produce mise en place with sense of priority and time management.
- Ensure a cooperative and professional rapport is maintained with all external controls, casino management, and front of the house team. Fosters and promotes a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Train and be a mentor figure to team member reporting to him
- Vocational School or above
- Culinary Diploma or Certificate
- 7 years managerial experience in a high volume 4-5 star hotel, casino operations. The candidate should possess a comprehensive and diverse culinary background that suggests a well-developed set of skills in terms of being able to cope in a large, diverse kitchen & restaurant environment
- Knowledge of Asian and Western cuisines, their preparation and service. Understanding of latest culinary concepts in a broad range of cuisines
- Knowledge in using computer for administration work
- Good knowledge on basic accounting and calculation of food costs
- Excellent logistical, culinary and leadership skills
- Able to instill safety and sanitation habits
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is advantages
- Willing and able to work shift work
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance
- Work inside and continuously maneuver in and around all areas of the offices as well as the Kitchen