Support Analyst - SAP HR, Business Technology Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Work in the Corporate System support team; provide proactive, timely, effective and efficient support to the users in the Corporate System space
- Adopt standard Incident Management workflow and processes, i.e. timely ticket, defect and incident loggings, proper change management process, and quality issue/impact emails
- Embrace standard Change Control Management practices, procedures and guidelines for application releases and roll-outs
- Participate and collaborate with the development team in requirements gathering, clarification, and analyse impacts on issue or users requirements
- Assist the application development team as needed by validating fixes or enhancement to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Participate in annual DR/BCM activities or infrastructure related upgrade
- Utilize software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Troubleshoot the 2nd level technical support issues by identifying the root cause and work closely with users and various IT teams
- Be the important bridge between users and development team and provide regular updates to all relevant parties
- Articulate and escalate the support issues with detailed investigation / findings to development team if it requires any code change
- Manage and follow up the problems (those issues escalated to development team) and make sure the problems eventually are resolved and rolled out to production
- Be main gate keeper of the production environment by being proactive to check in advance what are the things being rolled out to production environment
- Be proactive to identify any potential risk in production environment and flag that to development team or users
- Participate in testing to make sure good quality fix to be rolled out
- Identify areas of improvement to drive down the support volume
- Degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplines.
- 2-5 years of hands on application support experience in bank, preferably supporting Corporate System applications.
- In-depth functional and technical knowledge of SAP HCM
- Experience in working with some of these technical platforms or programming languages – ABAP, ABAP Webdynpro, SAP Workflow, Unix, Oracle, Microsoft IIS, MS SQL Server
- Good team player, independent, proactive and self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
Good to have :-
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes preferred
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)