Support Analyst - Murex, Group Technology and Operations
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Contribute positively to the Murex support team, ensuring that the team provides proactive, timely, effective and efficient support to users.
- Participate in the support activities which could be application specific or across the organisation.
- Adopt operational workflow and processes, i.e. timely incident logging, quality issue/impact communications and appropriate escalations to the team lead and management.
- Followed control procedures within the team, e.g. change standards and release processes.
- Analyse and route issues to proper teams and oversee issues and resolution to closure.
- Participate and collaborate with the development team in requirements gathering, clarification, and analyse impacts on issue or users requirements.
- Participate in testing of any enhancement or bug fixes delivered by development team or vendor.
- Participate in any BCM activities or infrastructure-related upgrades.
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years of hands-on application support experience in Murex, preferably supporting front office in an investment bank.
- Good understanding of treasury market business.
- Good understanding of front to back operations, finance, risk and accounting.
- Independent, proactive and self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
Good to have:
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology
- Experience in working with the following technical platforms / programming languages - Unix, Oracle, Sybase, C++, and scripting.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)