Supplier Relationship Manager (Indirect) / Staff Buyer
Reviews, analyzes, and coordinates purchasing activities related to Indirect Goods and Services. Partners most often with R&D, Manufacturing, Facility and Engineering departments to acquire Indirect Goods and Services in a cost effective and timely manner, while minimizing business risk.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining relationship with external suppliers. Understands capabilities of the supplier(s) and how Illumina can better utilize those capabilities to drive improvement in the areas of cost, risk management, quality, asset utilization, etc.
- Ensures appropriate agreements are in place and guides internal teams on how to monitor adherence to the terms of the agreements.
- Negotiates contract and purchase order terms that are favorable in terms of mitigating business risk and reducing cost, as well as protecting Illumina IP and resources.
- Leads supplier sourcing activities and develops new sources, as required.
- Develops cost savings proposals and interacts closely with suppliers, and internal customers, to achieve the cost savings.
- Assesses market trends and creates commodity business plans and strategies for review with management.
- Educates internal customers with regard to obtaining best negotiation positions for Illumina.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- 8-12 years related experience
- Familiar with Manufacturing Equipment and Facility sourcing and supplier management
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical drawings and facility blueprint would be a plus
- Domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and supplier relations.
- Familiar with GMP, product specifications incoming inspection procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, word processing, spreadsheets, project management, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
- Must be very detail oriented.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en