Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Provide effective leadership and supervision for production personnel on a high throughput biotechnology production line.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee production in one or more of the following areas: reagent manufacturing, array, flowcell production
- Ensure production goals are met
- Schedule and manage resources, track and report results, troubleshoot issues, train employees, and implement process improvements
- Coordinate with Quality, Engineering, Shipping, and Planning groups to deliver results
- Writing and revising work instructions, and training of technicians on the proper use of these documents
- Responsible for efficient processing of work orders, reviewing batch records, maintaining training records, facilitating efficient shift changeovers, revision of work instructions, production scheduling and reviewing timesheets
- Shift work required
- Other duties as may be determined by Management
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Diploma or equivalent required; Associates and/or Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
Preferred Experiential Background:
- 0-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably with 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Preference given to night shift and/or 24/7 management experience
- Experience in inventory control, JDE or similar
- Experience with hazardous chemicals is a plus
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Pharmaceutical / Life Science product manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience with cGMP, ISO 13485, ISO 9001 operations is required.
- Preference given to those with a command of GMP regulations as they pertain to clinical diagnostic products and expertise in transitioning processes from R&D to a manufacturing setting
- Talent Acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the department, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
- Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Job Role Definition ensures that job descriptions accurately record the primary responsibilities, qualifications and terms for each job role in their group
- Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments.
- At higher levels of management, establishing and distributing budgets among departments is required.
- Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en