Supervisor (Facilities Maintenance - Electrical)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 10-May-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Execute all related preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance to safe practices as defined in the code of practice and/or authority requirement and guidelines.
- Co-coordinate, supervise and plan maintenance activities carried out by the contractors for all related equipment and system in order to meet the required specifications and standards.
- Responsible for the up-keeping and procure of all equipment, tools and spares for the team.
- Propose essential improvements to the system.
- Ensure 24/7 readiness for any emergency calls such as fire, power outages and floods.
- Ensure all essential records of maintenance and testing are documented properly and stored, including work orders, checklists and forms in accordance to the department’s requirements.
- Work with the Technicians to ensure that the routine maintenance and urgent repair works are in accordance to best engineering practices while adhering to occupational health and safety regulations.
- Assist the Manager in conducting performance appraisal of all team members under supervision.
- Assist the Manager in Vendor's performance review.
- Inspecting of new electrical equipment and consolidating punch list
- Assist with the training programs for all the team members.
- Carry out physical inspections on all respective system, plant rooms and equipment within the complex to ensure good working condition.
- Work with Manager to create, review & refine SOPs.
- Allocate works to technicians and ensure all jobs are correctly and properly achieved within standards & SOPs.
- Carry out all other tasks, assignments or requirements as directed by the Facilities Management.
Education & Certification
- NITEC Certification, Diploma or any Professional Certification in Electrical Engineering or any related discipline
- Relevant Employment Certificate or Work Testimony, any specialized Certifications will be an added advantage
- Able to read control circuitry and as-built drawings
- Able to create and close work orders via Maximo.
- Preference will be given to those who are a Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW).
- Have a basic command of English hand is computer literate
- Possess more than 5 years of relevant working experience
- Preference will be given to those with experience in maintenance of high voltage equipment in hospitality industry
- Have knowledge of all major systems; their operation and potential weaknesses
- Possess good communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills, with an eye for detail
- Get along with fellow Team Members and work as a team
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and at times independently, as well as under pressure.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment. Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Be able to work outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to fatigue, noise, dust, and be able to access all areas of the property including those at height
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to Departmental and Company policies
- Be willing to work any day of the week and any shift, long hours when necessary
- Withstand various activities such as frequent walking, sitting for long periods or prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restrictions
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance