Supervisor - Banquet Stewarding
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 29-Jan-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Lead and supervise a team of stewards (full and casual part-timer) in maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Maintain inventory of Operating Supplies & Expenses
- Responsible for supervision in the following areas:
- Cleanliness of the restaurant floor which includes floors, walls and equipment
- Washing and sanitizing of ice machines
- Cleaning of shelves and filters
- Cleaning and polishing of holloware
- Dish station and dish washing area
- Handling and cleaning of equipment trolleys
- Garbage disposal & cleaning of garbage area
- Maintain stewarding daily Standard Operating Procedure
- Assist the Stewarding Leadership Team in coordinating stewarding schedule especially in their absence, recruitment, employees’ performance appraisals, training and any other Human Resource related matters.
- Update information on stewarding bulletin boards and printed materials.
- Disseminate all important operational information to all stewards.
- Ensure that staff have the proper knowledge and equipment in order for them to work efficiently.
- Conduct on the Job Training and technical knowledge training with all new stewards.
- Responsible for preparing adequate and appropriate F&B needs on a daily basis.
- Ensure that equipment are maintained and stored correctly after usage.
- Motivate the team.
- Ensure that stewarding has sufficient equipment and operating supplies for all its operating needs and in compliance with the par level for all items.
- Monitor, handle and relay internal guest feedback to Director of Stewarding or Executive Chief Steward.
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors during operation.
- Assist Stewarding leadership team in complying with food safety program.
- Assist the stewarding leadership team in liaising with an Inspector and the Hygiene & Sanitation Manager.
- Ensure that Team Members implement the procedures for safety, hygiene and sanitation according to hotel standards.
- Minimum high school “O” Level; Diploma in any field is an advantage
- 2 year of experiences in restaurant and bar with minimum 1 year in supervisor position.
- Possesses Stewarding and F&B knowledge
- Leadership in stewarding will be advantage.
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Able to work on a 24-hour rotating shift
- Able to work on weekends & Public Holidays