PEC Ltd| Date Posted: 21-Aug-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Duties & Responsibilities
- To achieve the overall business objectives of the Project & Construction Section.
- Together with the Planner/Senior engineer prepare the statement/work procedures to specify the detail work step required for the specific task of the project and identify the key risk with the associate risk. A risk mitigation strategy is applied with the whole project task.
- Assist the Project Manager in facilitating project weekly coordination meeting with all disciplines on the Planned vs Actual on-going progress status, Quality, Safety, deliverables, Work Plans, Manpower, Materials, Logistics etc.
- To coordinate and integrate all work disciplines, tests/inspections and permits applications, to ensure smooth workflow.
- Ensure that various work groups (including quality & safety personnel) are carrying out each tasks and test/inspection in accordance with specification and standards as per the contractual requirements
- Lead in resolving engineering/technical issues at site, coordinating with the respective engineering support units and referring to the construction superintendent/manager for guidance if necessary
- Communicate the site situation, technical requirements, project specifications, engineering instructions, coordination procedures, and execution approach and activities priorities to the various work teams.
- Lead the projects construction in assigning task to work teams and recommend changes to the work teams if they suitable for the project
- Assist the Manager to coordinate interfaces between disciplines, Operations, Technical, Inspection, E/I, Civil, 3rd party’ services, specialist services if any.
- Together with the Planner, prepare the necessary documents for additional works of Variation Order and able to justify the arrived additional costs.
- Ensure adequate manpower, equipment and machineries to produce the work volume as committed in the weekly or monthly planning.
- Assist the Manager to plan skill training and developments to leverage the knowledge and competencies of staffs, subcontractors, alliance partners (Safety Awareness, Generic skills & Functional Skills of each individual) and ensure that they are adequately qualified for their work discipline.
- Ensure that the information on the project portal is updated regularly with the latest.
- Prepares and submit the monthly progress billing to clients.(coordination with the planner/Senior engineer)
- Coordinate the project close-out report preparation/submission.
- Ensure final acceptance of the project by the client in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Ensure that daily manpower and equipment allocation are correct in WRIS vs TMIS.
- Ensure that correct job numbers are assigned to the job to be performed.
Carry out other duties as and when assigned by immediate superior/higher management
Qualification & Experience Generally Required
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical/Civil/Chemical/Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the same capacity, preferable in similar or related industry such as Oil Refinery/Petrochemical plant.
- Good technical competence
- Good organizing and coordination skills
- Good communications skill; both verbal and writing in English capable of technical reports rollout presentation at plant sites.
- Knowledge and application of planning tools such as SAP, Primavera P6/3, MS- Project, Excel and Access are an added advantage.