Student Life Manager, Arts, Office of Student Life
Implement SMU brand of transformative education through out-of-classroom learning in the co-curricular space with identified learning outcomes
- Contribute to the development of the co-curriculum
- Implement and deliver the co-curriculum and learning outcomes as developed
- Contribute to the programme by collecting useful data and resources for the core team for review and evaluation
Deliver to the SMU Community, Singapore and Worldwide the vibrant brand of SMU Arts
- Manage and mentor assigned Arts clubs
- Oversee the appointment of and manage ongoing relationships with coaches and trainers for clubs
- Work out appropriate and effective training syllabi with the trainers and coaches
- Together with the trainers, set artistic directions and plans with the clubs through their respective annual work-plan
- Oversee the production of annual club showcases
- Contribute, as producer for performances, showcases, exhibitions, events, festivals, and with various arts groups, to the vibrancy on campus
- Create for SMU students a wealth of opportunities to grow in their knowledge and performance of their art, through partnerships and collaborations
- Initiate ideas to establish SMU as the leading institution in the city that builds the city and community, through the arts
- Lead arts groups to perform and compete in festivals and competitions, both local and overseas, so as to establish SMU as a university that focuses on holistic education through the arts
Discover and Nurture Student Talents to a high standard of student artistry
- Build rapport and work with the various student executive committees of the performing and cultural clubs
- Implement and administer suitable training programmes for the clubs
- Identify and recruit creditable, committed and enthusiastic student artistic talents
- Work with students to win their trust and respect so as to inspire and motivate them to strive for artistic excellence
Supervise and mentor junior colleagues
- Initiate and guide junior colleagues in SMU/ OSL work processes and context
- Supervise junior colleagues in the daily running of clubs and coaches
- Supervise and mentor junior colleagues in the planning and execution of arts events such as the annual arts festival
- Assist Head, Arts and Creative Experience in the formulation of policies and strategies in the area of arts management and education
- As part of the leadership within the cluster, articulate the SMU arts brand, and assist to realise artistic directions and plans
- As part of the leadership within OSL, to contribute to inter-cluster processes and outcomes
Identify, prioritise and cultivate potential partnerships with strategic community partners for the purpose of realizing mutually beneficial collaborations
- University degree in Arts Management, Arts Education, Events Management or Technical and Production Management.
- At least 6 years hands-on experience in arts events management, specifically in the area of producing and/or production management.
- Ability to work with young adults and build student leadership competencies.
- Facilitation skills and knowledge of assessment of learning outcomes a key advantage.
- Self-motivated with strong inter-personal, communication and problem-solving
- Possess strong organizing and coordinating capabilities.
- Good contacts with the relevant Industry’s Agencies and Officials to share industry best practices.
- Keen interest in the arts.
- Knowledge of financial budgeting.
- Have a cheerful and pleasant disposition, with the ability to work in a team.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience
Singapore Management University