Strategic Buyer (Semicon/ West)
A Strategic Buyer is responsible to achieve best possible cost savings while ensuring the most beneficial supply base for the company. This includes the strategic relationship, the contracting, performance review and improvement of the supply base.
- Commodity Management Modules suppliers on a global base &/or (3rd Party suppliers on a global base)
(System Level Outsourcing)
- Negotiate contracts with non-product and product related suppliers (PR & NPR) with support and agreement from Director Strategic Supply Management Besi
Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost (focusing on projects)
- Be an interface to the Product Group and ensure early involvement of Strategic Buying and suppliers into all relevant internal and external project activities
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues or look for alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Tight coordination with the local and global Material Management departement, which is managing the Purchasing, the Logisitics and the Incoming Quality Control (IQC)
- Make sure that all necessary purchasing parameters (vendor data, contracts) are given and stored properly and take appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Prepare analysis and statistics to control and support the sourcing strategy and the strategic planning.
- Contribute to the definition, drive the implementation and executes the company’s Supply Chain Strategy (improve Asian / China content).
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes
Search, select, and qualify preferred suppliers to support the business requirements (improve Asian / China content).
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments (Product Group, Research & Development, Material Management, Finance).
- Ensure the availability of up to date supply market information. (focussing on Commodity Modules)
- Work according defined supply chain processes and use the tools listed in these processes.
Supplier Qualification and Selection: Contributes to supplier development, qualification and evaluation within a cross functional teams.
- Strategic Buyers: focus on commercial and contractual aspects.
Supplier Quality Engineers: focus on technical and quality aspects.
- Vendor Management: Build up and maintain global supplier portfolio
Execute supplier performance management.
- Contract Management:
Creating and maintain global contract system which covers all type of suppliers. Store contracts systematically (in paper- & in electronic form)
- Relationship with Key suppliers
- Supply Market Analysis
- Vendor and Contract Management
- Achievement of best possible cost savings while ensuring the most beneficial supply base for the company.
- Supplier development (supplier performance measurement) and phase-in
- technical and commercial education
(need basic mechanical technical know how)
- 5 to 10 Years
- Experiance in global sourcing (Asia / China)
- Experiance in supplier qualifiaction, auditing and corrective action processes
Expertise and methodology
- Good supply market knowledge
- Good knowledge in contracting
- Able to optimize the supplier relationship by combining supplier’s and internal processes, building trust, measuring and developing suppliers
- Good understanding of the supply chain and of the critical production and assembly processes
- Constructive and productive thinking in cost terms
- Competent treatment of suppliers
- Good PC-Knowledge (MS-Office package)
- Experience in SAP/R3
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Kindly email your resume in a detailed Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
People Profilers Pte Ltd
Tel: 6950 9754
EA Registration Number: R1655911
EA Personnel: Choi Syeulgi
People Profilers Pte Ltd