Store Supervisor - MANGO
To support the store management team with the running of the store, and to work closely with the sales team, motivating them to deliver of excellent customer service and driving sales in order to meet company’s KPIs.
DUTIES OF THE STORE SUPERVISOR – Associated tasks
A. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
1. To organise and distribute tasks and positions to each member of the team.
a. To participate in the store plannings.
b. To deal with unforeseen situations by providing solutions in order to optimise the workforce.
c. Wherever necessary, to manage potential conflict in the correct manner.
2. To communicate actively with the team, according to requirements.
a. To regularly participate in daily meetings to explain the targets and give information for immediate application.
b. To help prepare and participate in weekly meetings on sales targets, product information and other matters of interest for the team.
c. To promote internal communication and participation among sales team.
3. To ensure an excellent level of customer service in the team.
a. To ensure that each member of the team knows and applies the Customer Service Standard and the Mango Service Policy.
b. To manage and attend to customer requests and/or complaints displaying an exemplary attitude – lead by example.
4. To participate in the recruitment, training and appraisal of store personnel.
5. To actively collaborate in the correct integration of all new employees.
a. To participate in their induction plan.
b. To undertake continuous monitoring during their training.
c. To mentor and encourage the progress and development of each employee.
6. To detect the potential of each employee and mentor them in their development.
a. To be able to delegate in an effective and efficient manner.
b. To monitor the team in their everyday work – to regularly feed back to the team on their own performance and identify opportunities for improvement or personal development
7. To support with the effective management of personnel administration duties.
a. To participate in the recording and monitoring of all incidents – hours, absenteeism, holidays.
b. To systematically report and advise on all incidents in order to avoid potential problems or conflict.
8. To monitor and ensure the correct personal and professional image of the team.
a. To supply uniforms and ensure they are worn.
b. To advise on and explain the importance of personal image to each member of the team (uniform, make-up, hair, etc.).
9. To ensure compliance with the regulations and the legislation.
a. To be familiar with the internal regulations and apply them.
b. To report to management on employment legislation issues that affects the store.
B. BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1. To promote the store and team key performance indicators and ensure that sales targets are implemented, achieved and ideally exceeded in store.
a. To continuously report to and motivate the team in order maximise sales.
2. To monitor key store indicators and costs in order to improve them.
3. To ensure excellent customer service delivery in accordance with company standards.
4. During busy periods, to dedicate time to direct selling alongside the team.
a. To be able to advise customers and gain their loyalty.
b. To lead by example and act as a role model for members of the team.
5. To supervise and apply administrative procedures according to the internal regulations.
6. To apply all instructions received (HQ, Store Management, etc.) and report on them (if necessary).
7. To carry out strict supervision of the entire cash desk procedure.
8. To participate in the optimisation of internal resources and try to minimise expenses e.g. optimisation of the workforce, suppliers, etc.
9. To communicate and pass on any information that may affect sales.
10. Build professional and beneficial business external partnerships where required
C. PRODUCT AND MERCHANDISING
1. To be familiar with the collection and maximise sales (initial order, entries, etc.).
a. To have a great level of product knowledge (features and benefits of products).
b. To analyse and interpret delivery notes, out of stock items, etc.
2. To participate in the implementation of Merchandising standards.
a. To report on the Merchandising cards and the display regulations.
3. To know the profitability of the store and furniture displays in order to maximise sales.
4. To be familiar with and apply the replenishing standards of the store.
a. To monitor the different replenishment channels and optimise them.
5. To respect and monitor compliance with merchandising and furniture display guidelines.
6. To produce stylings, silhouettes and combinations on a regular basis.
a. To participate in store merchandising changes.
7. To control and manage stock (both in transit and in the stockroom) and inventories.
8. To ensure compliance with the store image, maintenance and window dressing standards.
9. To provide product feedback (own and from customers).
- Communicates well and is persuasive.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, cordial and polite.
- Shows initiative and decision-making/problem-solving ability.
- Acts quickly and is multi-disciplinary.
- Tenacious and can deal with stress.
- Ability to listen.
- Prioritisation – optimal use of time.
- Self-motivating and self-critical.
- Knowledge of business indicators.
- Customer Service Standard and Service Policy.
- Knowledge of the collection and awareness of fashion.
- Merchandising Standards.
- Cash register programme and Pathfinder operation.
- Internal regulations and some knowledge of employment legislation.
- Product awareness and commercial orientation.
- Organisation, management and planning.
- Able to analyse and offer solutions.
- A motivator with leadership qualities.
- Communicative and persuasive.
- Customer and image-oriented.
- Ability to adapt – energy and speed.
Al-Futtaim Group of companies/Robinson & Co. (S) Pte Ltd