Req. ID: 112324
- Support acquisition, installation, maintenance, and administration of large enterprise SAN, NAS & enterprise Backup environment.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis and identify storage related problems
- Allocate SAN storage and NFS/CIFS shares to servers and provide system security and access
- Provide backup client installations & scheduling, backup policies setting, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Use SAN,NAS & TSM Backup management tools to analyze performance and identify bottlenecks or slowdowns and take appropriate action to resolve
- Plan, coordinate and upgrade components of the SAN/NAS/TSM as needed with software, hardware and microcode upgrades, etc. Work with vendors as needed in this process
- Work with Micron’s Business Units to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements.
- Provide advanced engineering support for escalated remedy cases
- Upkeep service efficiency and end-user satisfaction levels through service SLA
- Maintain systems and update operational documentation to ensure that they are current.
- Regular and timely update of project status to the key stake holders
- Involve in projects to upkeep the computing environment to meet future demands.
- Accountable for SAN/NAS, Backup & Archiving capacity planning and growth projection
- Participate in worldwide collaboration to share on engineering efforts, technical challenges and breakthroughs
- Participate in 24/7 oncall rotation, major incidents and reviews (postmorterms).
- Attend to level 2/3 user service requests and service restoration through remedy (Incident management)
- Work with vendors and team members to troubleshoot issues related to the operations (Problem management)
- Ensure assets are updated promptly in CMDB (Asset Management)
- Ensure all changes to systems are recorded and properly executed with approval (Change Management)
- Review the performance of systems and plan for technological refresh and cater for future expansion (Capacity Management)
- Participate in Business Continuity Planning and DR strategy including documenting of DR procedures, and executing DR drills
- Maintain and review the DR documents on a regular basis.
- Knowledge and experience in support & administration of large enterprise storage and backup systems such as EMC VMAX & VNX, Netapp 7-mode & c-mode filers, IBM TSM systems, EMC Data Domain
- Experience with Cisco SAN Switch configuration and support such as Virtual SAN, Fiber channel zoning, LUN masking, HBA configuration and tuning
- Proficient in Storage Management tools like Unisphere, DCNM, DFM, OnCommand Performance Manager
- Experience in Linux, Unix and Windows environment and admiration is preferred
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, Linux, Cisco, Unix, Engineering, Technology
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.