Storage Delivery Specialist
~Our client is a leading global IT solutions company. One of their key customers has kick started a regional project and in need to hire a
Storage Delivery Specialist
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with company.
- Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of storage products.
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure.
- Experience in managing storage migration technology.
- Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required. Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required. Provides assistance to company's technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by the company's best practice documentation.
- Installs software products in a Mainframe and/or Open Systems hardware environment. Performs complex and/or extended-stay software implementations per the specifications in the Statement of Work, Scope document, Architecture Design Document or Project Manager direction.
- Successfully manages relations with Customers utilizing negotiation and influencing skills to acquire the internal and external resources necessary for optimal results. May occasionally be called upon to act as a backup to the Project Manager or to provide team technical leadership on specific implementations.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Stays current on technical specifications and hardware requirements of software products, including new and soon to be released products.
- Represents company in a professional manner to customers, Partners and other personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
- Proven Storage Professional Certification desired.
- 5-8 Years’ Experience.
- Technical knowledge on various Storage products at operational or design level
- Strong exposure towards Unix flavors such as Solaris or HPUX or AIX or Linux Redhat.
- Preference to have worked on Windows Server Environment as well.
- Data Migration skill set using host based utilities such as LVM Mirroring, VxVM Mirroring and etc.
- Knowledge in SAN/EMC Products is advantageous.
- Knowledge in VMWare/Virtualization added Advantageous..
- Strong Technical Aptitude
*This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty that the employee is expected to perform
All interested applicants should send their resume to: shaad (at) aryansearch (dot) com
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
EA Registration number: R1110177
Licensee: Aryan Search Pte Ltd / License No. 13C6405
For all other jobs, visit: www.aryansearch.com/jobs
Aryan Search Pte Ltd