Storage Backup Management Engineer | 1-Year Contract
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 1-Dec-2020
EA Licence No: 02C3423
The Backup Administrator is responsible for management of Backup technologies. This technology includes the various Backup Tools like IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), HPDP, IBM ProtecTIER, Netbackup, etc.
* Installation and configuration of Backup Tools like (TSM, HPDP, and NetBackup)
* Installation and configuration of Backup Agents TDP for Oracle, SQL and Exchange.
* Installation and configuration of backup client software.
* ATL and VTL library management.
* Proactive monitoring of Backup Tools (TSM, HPDP, NetBackup), libraries and infrastructure.
* Troubleshooting of any backup failure, library or infrastructure issues.
* Storage pools management
* Ticket Management.
* Hardware and Software Vendor management
* Adding and deleting backup client on TSM, HPDP and NetBackup as per the published procedure.
* Backup policy management
* Backup inventory management.
* Media Management.
* Maintain scratch tape levels as required and space reclamation.
* Backup Scheduling
* Periodic Media and backup auditing.
* License management.
* Manually clean drives as needed.
* Tape vaulting
* Capacity Management and Reporting
* Performance tuning.
* Fulfillment of restore requests
* Periodic restoration test.
* DR planning and management.
* Daily/Weekly and Monthly backup reports as per client requirement.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in storage and back-up
- Hands-on experience in various backup tools e.g. IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), HP Data Protector (HPDP), IBM ProtecTIER, Netbackup
- Addtional expertise in: Oracle, SQL, Exchange, ESL / EML Tape Library, MSL Tape Library, RHEL, Windows will be good to have
Bernice Mae Nocum Rallonza EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1442141