Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 16-Jul-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned stewarding work areas
- Maintain F&B OS&E inventory
- Conduct deep and regular cleaning as per schedule
- Work with the Hygiene Manager on food safety programs
- Complete knowledge of
- All maintenance procedures for OS&E
- Types of chinaware, glassware, flatware, silverware and tableware for designated outlets
- Cleaning supplies and equipment for stewarding
- OS&E suppliers
- Operating hours of all outlets & In Room Dining
- Banquets events & type of service
- The latest trend * updates in Stewarding procedures and equipment
- Schedule requests/ arrangements
- To supervise and ensure the stewards complete shifts as posted in the schedule.
- Monitor and apply usage of chemicals, energy and water efficiently to maximize output.
- Participate in quality improvement team to increase efficiency, reduce wastage and streamline stewarding processes.
- Attend Daily Line up at the beginning of each shift.
- Attend weekly departmental meeting and daily Management Stewarding Meeting
- Be familiar with daily events through events list.
- Relay any concerns throughÂ stewardingÂ supervisor or Assistant Chief Stewards
- Attend all other stewarding/F&B/HR related meetings as requested.
- Attend all regular training classes.
- Attend all Food Safety training activities.
- Complete on the job training.
- Receive certification in current job.
- Receive annual performance review.
- Prepares adequate and appropriate equipment for projected F&B needs.
- Ensure that equipment are replaced in the correct areas after usage.
- Responsible for overseeing the following duties bellow are completed by the Steward;
- Kitchen overnight cleaning.
- Floors / wall cleaning in the kitchen.
- Kitchen equipment cleaning.
- Cleaning of ice machines.
- Cleaning of shelves and filters.
- Silver, bronze, copper polishing.
- Washing of dirty F&B operating equipment
- Dishwashing process / maintenance of the equipment.
- Handling and cleaning of equipment trolleys
- Garbage disposal and maintenance of the Disposal area.
- Record any breakages or damaged equipment in the stewarding log.
- Ensure that the following is implemented to facilitate effective cleaning;
- Correct procedures according to standards.
- Correct cleaning agents and quantity.
- Correct type of cleaning equipment.
- Proper handling of equipment (e.g. appropriate temperature control of machine).
- Assist in any other functions / areas as informed by the Stewarding Supervisor, Assistant Chief Steward and Chief Steward.
- Organize and restock work areas for the following shift as specified in departmental standards.
- Maintain inventories and par stock compilation on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain efficient use of chemical, cleaning, electricity and water supply
- Minimum Secondary school education with 'O' Level passes; Diploma in any field is an advantage.
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Stewarding Experience is an advantage
- Restaurant, Bar, Banquet, In Room Dining experience is an advantage
- Able to work on rotating shifts, weekends & public holidays.
- Possess a well-groomed, clean and professional appearance.