(Staff / Sr.) Software Engineer_Database/BI
Be responsible to integrate and optimize databases, and bulid business intelligent systems through data analysis.
Server Performance and Tuning
• Monitoring in-house database server and troubleshoot issues.
• Identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks to max out database performance.
• Measure and tune SQL performance to improve response time.
• Collaborate with Web developers to write efficient SQL code.
Data Integration and Analysis
• Analyze various databases from different in-house systems and understand the business behind the data.
• Merge the data if there is redundancy.
• Extract and consolidate business data from different in-house systems to build BI
• Bachelor’s or Higher Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Strong skills in data analysis, modelling and manipulation.
• Excellent understanding of relational database design and performance aspects.
• Expert level SQL coding skills, be able to write efficient SQL code.
• Be able to optimize the database queries.
• Extensive experience with MySQL, experience with MS SQL and Oracle database engines.
• Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance monitoring, tuning, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Experience in PHP and Python programming language.
• Good communication skills
Good to have
• Experience with PowerBI, Tableau or similar Business Analytics tools.
• Good command of Mandarin language as many of our users are Chinese based.
OmniVision Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd