Staff Nurse / Senior Staff Nurse Staff Nurse / Senior Staff Nurse, University Dermatology Lab
The job holder is responsible to provide personalised, specialised and cost-effective care to patients in accordance to established hospital policies and procedures, standards of nursing care, professional competencies and practices.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties (80%)
- Assess patients’ need throughout their outpatient journey and plan and implement care accordingly.
- Document care given and monitor outcomes on NUH approved charts and forms.
- Carry out treatments and investigations as prescribed by the doctors.
- Assist the doctors with treatments / clinical procedures / day cases as required in accordance with established hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Deliver safe and competent nursing care in accordance with nursing standards of practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in both core competencies and clinic/centre specialty competencies.
- Ensure that there is follow up on continuity of patient care and treatment plans.
- Communicate and cooperate with doctors and other health-care providers in the smooth delivery of patient care and services.
- Demonstrate clinical skills, knowledge and critical thinking in the delivery of patient care.
- Provide patient/family information and education on disease prevention, health education and rehabilitation techniques. To be tailored to the specific needs of the patient.
- Manage patients’ feedback in accordance with established hospital protocols and professional ethics.
- Demonstrate proper use and care of equipment inclusive of preventive maintenance.
- Demonstrate proper and economical usage of consumables and supplies.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the clinic / centre
- Supervise and guide new/junior staff in their work.
Secondary Responsibilities and Duties (20%)
- Participate in clinical and service quality activities.
- Demonstrate awareness of current nursing and healthcare practices.
- Develop clinical knowledge about the respective clinic specialty.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by Senior Staff Nurse and Nurse Manager /Clinic Manager.
- Registered Nurse approved by Singapore Nursing Board.
- At least 2 years post-registration experience as a Staff Nurse with consistent good performance.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Display compassion and have a positive and caring attitude.
- Office hours
National University Hospital