Staff Nurse (HomeCare) [Office Hours]
Metta HomeCare (previously known as Metta Home Nursing) started in April 2015 as a pilot programme with Eastern Health Alliance to support the medical and nursing component of care in the community. It is a home-based service that provides a holistic approach of managing patients with chronic illnesses and organ failure.
Metta HomeCare provides a holistic approach to managing patients with chronic illnesses and organ failure. Our goal is to render early intervention and medical assistance with an individualised care plan to reduce the frequency of re-admission into the hospital. This allows our elderly to age in the comfort of their homes, regardless of race and religion.
Metta HomeCare is committed to render free services to care recipients whose National Means Test is 60% and above to defray their expenses of aging in place.
Apart from medical consultations and nursing procedures, we also equip caregivers with basic nursing care skills to empower them to care for their loved ones. Medical equipment such as hospital beds, oxygen concentrator, wheelchair, walking aid and commode are given or loaned to our needy beneficiaries free of charge as it boosts t he caregivers’ confidence in caring for their loved ones at home.
As a Staff Nurse (HomeCare), the candidate is responsible in the following areas:
- To perform home visits to chronic ill patients who are being referred.
- To perform nursing assessment on the patient.
- To coordinate with doctor for medical assessment and follow-up visits to patient.
- To monitor current medication and compliance as prescribed by the doctor.
- To perform nursing procedures such as wound dressing, insertion of urine catheter, insertion of naso-gastric tube and care of tubings as required.
- To have proper documentation of the cases seen.
- To update the home visits record in the IT system.
- To upkeep the confidentiality of the patients seen and adhere compliance with PDPA.
- To initiate nursing care plan and implement new measures of management.
- To educate caregivers/families on basic nursing procedures to ensure continuation of care at home.
- To coordinate with referring healthcare institution on care management.
- To identify patients and families in need of financial assistance and refer to the Medical Social Worker/Counsellor.
- To identify patients and families in need of psychological support or counseling and refer to the Medical Social Worker/Counsellor.
- To participate in Metta Fund raising activities when the need arises.
- Minimum Diploma/ degree in Nursing or equivalent.
- Registered with Singapore Nursing board
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Hardworking, meticulous and responsible.
- Service oriented with good interpretations skills
- Training & Development
- Annual Leave