Sr. Windows Administrator
Carecone Pty Ltd| Date Posted: 13-Sep-2020
EA Licence No: 0
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Successful performance in this role requires an individual can perform these duties above a satisfactory level. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and competencies required:
- Standardization and automation of systems, tasks and workflows using PowerShell
- Analyse, log, track and resolve software/hardware issues pertaining to server operating system and related services.
- Maintain the Windows Server problem ticket queue and work to resolving most of tickets in this queue. Provide initial 1st and 2nd line support for all Microsoft server platforms and associated applications within the server estate.
- Participate in Infrastructure project design/implementations and Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Timely response to support escalation requests and contributes to the Windows Server Team “follow-the-sun” server support model across Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
- Conduct implementations, conversions, and upgrades of Production Infrastructure in a manner consistent with Standard Operating Procedures within company maintenance windows; including change management procedures
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and technical teams, communicate proficiently to share information regarding enhancements, changes, issues and defects that may impact production Infrastructure
- Implement and maintain proactive server monitoring, performance monitoring and application tuning using the corporate tools, such as SCOM and SCCM.
- Support system operation between cloud and on-premise IT Windows infrastructure
- Administer and support operation related services and products deploy to Azure or AWS platform.
- Generate reports for daily checks, real-time and capacity management reporting needs of Infrastructure Management.
- Work in an Agile management framework with regular updates to the projects.
- Maintain an accurate global Windows Server team inventory, including spare parts.
- Document processes, and ensure process is applied consistently across the global Windows server estate.
- Identify and repair inconsistent server configurations in the global Windows Server estate.
- Provide weekend support on a rotational basis.
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and platforms
- Hands-on experience on Azure and AWS cloud services such as multi-account strategy, compute and network services, integrated-tiered security, role-based identity, data and storage management and encryption technology.
- Advanced experience in enterprise systems administration in Windows Server and related services (Active Directory, DNS, IIS, SharePoint, Exchange, Windows server).
- Knowledge of Windows troubleshooting tools (Event viewer, Task manager, WinDbg, Windows Cisternal, perfmon, WPR/WPA)
- Demonstrated experience working within an agile project management framework
- Advance experience on VMWare administration and management particularly on the following: ESX / Virtual Centre / vSphere / VROPS.
- Utilize PowerShell to automate Windows administrative tasks and other applications that run on Windows platform like Citrix, VMware and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with at least one version-control system.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience supporting critical Windows 2012 and 2016 servers in a large-size production environment
- Experience with AD, WINS, DNS, DFS, DHCP, IIS, NT File System, Printing and Group Policy
- Significant knowledge of security under Windows 2012 and 2016
- Experience with Microsoft patch deployment processes.
- Aware of corporate governance (Sarbanes Oxley and Audit controls)
- HP and DELL server experience
- Must be able to perform well in a high-pressure environment.
- Desirable additional experience of the following:
- Developing PowerShell cmdlets
- Symantec End Point Protection
- YSoft SafeQ Print Management
- Exchange 2010/2013 and Content Filtering Technologies
Carecone Pty Ltd