Sr/Medical Technologist (Immunology)
This is a rare opportunity to work in a world-class laboratory facility, combined with the exposure to work with global clinical studies AND last but not least, with a dedicated team of laboratory professionals.
Our team of Medical Technologists perform a wide variety of routine and complex clinical testing procedures to obtain data for use in clinical/anatomic trials research.
- Perform routine and complex analysis of patient specimens according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Evaluate specimen acceptability upon receipt and during the review of analysis results. Evaluate validity of specimen results against the algorithms displayed by the lab computer system. Document all corrective actions taken. Perform secondary review of patient results when required to ensure accuracy of primary result entry.
- Provide oversight and guidance to Medical/Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants.
- Maintain quality control of all laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting.
- Perform pending workload review periodically during the day; find pending assays and resolve outstanding work prior to the completion of testing for the day.
- Assist in the development and writing of new Medical/Histo laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
- Notify appropriate staff of supply shortages.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending in-services and off-site lectures and meetings.
An ideal candidate should possess some of the below:
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent in Medical/Histo technology with at least 1 year of relevant experience, working in a diagnostic/central/medical laboratory environment.
- Good knowledge of the Clinical or Anatomic Pathology procedures used in the area of responsibility
Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and other regulatory agency standards within area of responsibility
Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology used in the area of responsibility
Basic computer skills
Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Willing to work on weekends/public holidays.
A strong team player
To find out more about us, visit our careers page at : https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers.