Sr IT Support Engineer (L2)
Q2 Solutions| Date Posted: 8-Apr-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
Provide senior level Information Technology (IT) support to end users to restore service and/or identify and correct core
- Recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Responsible for meeting specified service level standards.
- Escalate more complex problems to appropriate level of management and provide information on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding target dates.
- Delegate IT support tasks, provide training and advice to more junior team members.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation and training materials and assist in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems goals and procedures.
- Participate on global and regional project teams.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services
- Research, implement, and maintain support technologies.
- Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Diploma/Degree in IT or related field, with at least 5 years of experience, providing on-site support to business/users.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications/OS; basic network troubleshooting; office hardware
- Good communication ability, and a team player.