Sr HR Operations Specialist
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
This position provides HR support to Asia Pacific & Japan with focus on the HR Operations for the APJ team and employees, and contribute to the achievement of strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
Position acts as the primary HR contact for APJ employees and managers in the areas of employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, organizational development and employee on-boarding.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides HR guidance to employees and managers with regards to areas of employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, organizational development, on-boarding, etc. to support the life cycle of employees in APJ countries.
- Participates in cross-functional work groups to gain and offer HR insight on business and operational challenges.
- Proactively communicates HR policies, programs and employee information
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence (i.e. Leadership & Professional Development, Compensation, Talent Acquisition) to ensure successful implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Supports employee on-boarding activities and requirements to ensure consistency & compliance which includes new hire orientations and any other ad hoc employee briefings.
- Sets up and maintains personnel files ensuring compliance with legal requirements for records retention and storage.
- Performs HR data entry relating to new hires, changes, and terminations; works with HR Systems Team to ensure regular auditing and data accuracy.
- Consolidates salary changes and employee movement for payroll purposes.
- Assists in consolidation of training plans and coordination of training related activities.
- Performs qualitative data analysis of turnover, discipline, and other metrics.
- Develops and administers local HR policies & procedures.
- Manages continuous improvement activities for HR Support work areas.
- Partners with APJ HR Business Partner to execute on business initiatives that relates to organization design and people related implications
- Any other ad hoc projects and duties assigned from time to time.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Degree in Business or Human Resources
Preferred Experiential Background:
- 3+ years of HR experience as HR Generalist with Asia Pacific country experiences
- Good experience and knowledge in local employment legislations within APJ
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- A team player, resourceful, meticulous, able to multitask and work independently.
- Must be proficient in MS Office application.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en