Sr Dir Procurement
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Global Supply Management (GSM) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated leader to be part of the GSM team. The Procurement team is undergoing a significant pivot and transformation as part of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES team and as part of this transition we are restructuring our Global Materials team. The successful candidate for this position will have demonstrated success leading teams with GF, building teamwork within and outside of a global organization, understands the supply chain landscape of our Fab Materials, and with the knowledge of our Fab Materials demands - operationalizes those demands into a globally structured supplier strategy with a negotiation and cost savings plan. In addition, one of the key missions of this leadership role will be to be the conduit between GSM, Quality, GME, and our Fab AME Leaders to drive alignment in supplier strategies, material qualifications, and improved quality performance from our suppliers. The individual will also lead our relationships with GF’s materials suppliers to ensure best negotiated pricing, appropriate contracting, supply chain risk management, inventory strategies, as well as supplier performance improvement. The successful individual will be part of the GSM team endeavoring to improve global business processes in support of improved negotiation strategies, utilization of clean sheets, building analytical skills, and working within the organization to build the right tools and team to deliver excellence in procurement and supply chain management for GLOBALFOUNDRIES. The individual will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York.
This position will require experience in semiconductor materials, material forecasting/demand management strategies, supplier management, and commercial negotiations. It will also require leadership skills to transform our new organization into a fully operational global team made up of managers, commodity leads, and regional commodity managers. The responsibilities of this position are in the following categories: Management, Leadership, Employee Development, Semiconductor Processing, Semiconductor Materials, Basic Finance and Contracting Skills, Business Ethics and Integrity, Demand and Forecast Management, Supply Continuity, Supplier Risk Management, and Supplier Relationship management.
• Lead 6 Materials Commodity Teams globally for GF to drive cost savings and meeting annual targets.
• Drive our Transformation initiative with his/her peers in the Global Procurement organization including updates with the Chief Procurement Officer and the Transformation Team
• Manages and delivers a cost savings strategy for GF Global Materials to achieve Year on Year savings goals
• Lead our supplier management process for GF Global Materials
• Works closely with other GF Organizations to ensure supply and quality health of materials
• Drives continuous improvement in our negotiation strategies, business analytics, and financial analysis within the Global Materials Team.
• Engages with procurement leadership to define business driven KPI’s
• Ensures employee development opportunities, staffing needs are met, and team is fully connected within the Global GSM Organization structure.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Business, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Procurement or Semiconductor Engineering
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work well with internal team, cross functional fab organizations, and external vendors to drive results; ability to communicate within multiple levels in an organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Senior level management experience > 5 years preferred, but not required
- Ability and willingness to learn & grow into technical areas beyond current education and area of expertise/experience