SQL Server Database Administrator - 6 months contract
Collaborate with all interested parties, gather requirements and provide recommendation
for database standards.
• Provide technical expertise to design the most efficient and cost effective solutions for
Microsoft SQL Servers.
• Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain MSSQL databases in production and
• Work closely with other Infrastructure operations and engineering, product development,
business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services
within the SLA's and performance target set.
• Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of
databases to new hardware and platforms.
• Implementation/Support of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions,
replication, encryption, and disaster recovery solutions.
• Manage, support and maintain Microsoft SQL Server database technology and
infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
• Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure
continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business
applications and participating in on-call.
• Regular database capacity planning and archival solution related to database growth and
system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and
the structured organized reporting of the same.
• Provide DBA support for enterprise monitoring, backup, alerting, and security compliance
solutions for SQL servers.
Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the
effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and
database change management processing.
• Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution
of database issues.
• Write/maintain PowerShell scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
• Advance experience with automation of managerial and repetitive DBA tasks.
• Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
• Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field is a must.
• 5-6 years of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server
Strong knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft SQL server technologies (all
core areas: SSMS, SQL clustering, Data Synchronization, Encryption, Partitioning,
Performance, Security, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS configuration) is mandatory.
• Sound knowledge of all windows and SQL utilities; strong PowerShell knowledge and
experience is a plus.
• Solid understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
• Solid knowledge in database replication technologies including Always-on, GoldenGate,
etc. and strong architectural/engineering skills to design systems that meet various
applications High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements.
• Have good experience in engineering processes supporting repetitive or frequent tasks
in database administration or deployment.
• Solid understanding and experience in maintain MSSQL technology lifecycle, and
automation of MSSQL deployment.
• Good engineering skills in developing enterprise solutions to support MSSQL in areas like
backup, monitoring/alerting, security compliance, patching, etc.
• Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal)
• Demonstrate ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and
customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
• A good team player, leader, flexible, share knowledge, help others, collaborate well
within and outside the team.
• Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.
Optimum Solutions (S) Pte Ltd