SQL Database Administrator
- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent in a successful company
- Contribute to IT projects in the banking industry
- Vibrant and dynamic work environment
Our client is a consulting company that provides Business Management & Information Systems services to clients in the Financial Services industry. With a talented team armed with in-depth knowledge, the company is confident in tackling any challenges that a volatile and competitive market brings. The company also prides itself in building loyalty and trust with its consultants and partners.
In this role, you will be managing SQL Server databases, monitoring system's health and performance, performing scheduled maintenance and supporting release deployment activities after hours as well as providing 24x7 support for critical production systems. You will also be required to propose service improvements for all Big Data services as well as facilitate transformation projects and suggest future directions for new areas of improvement and change.
You will be responsible for:
- Configuring and maintaining database servers and processes
- Ensuring high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analysing, solving, and correcting issues in real time
- Refining and automating regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assisting developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Managing delegation for technical issues within the team
- Providing technical knowledge, supports services both proactively and reactively to maintain the availability and reliability of system infrastructure in accordance to the SLA
- Actively engaging during any high severity issue and drives for issue resolution and supporting team during diagnosis when technical issues rise in your scope of expertise
- Reviewing technology changes to identify potential risks
- Engaging with technical peer, Development team, Service managers, Architect and project teams on technology roadmap and projects
- Ensuring production readiness and license to operate of new projects and solutions
- Driving technically, any complex or high severity incidents that occur within the scope of their role
- Actively assisting in identifying the most technical skilled candidates for open roles
- Coaching and developing partner resources to improve quality and productivity
- You have at least 3 years experience in a Administrator role with strong knowledge of all SQL technologies including MSSQL Database administration
- You are able to automate the SQL installations and configurations hosted on windows & Linux servers
- You have experience in Database migration/upgrade from lower version to higher versions as well as writing Power shell scripts, Perl/Python scripts and debugging existing scripts
- You possess experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- You have network and system administration experience, preferably in large-scale data center environments
- You have experience in managing Production Server Environment as well as creation and maintenance of Database Instances
- You have experience in OS level activities related to database tasks which is including SPN creation user management
- You have strong knowledge in Replication, Log Shipping, Clustering as well as DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS components
- You have expertise in Schema Object, Partition Management, Index Management
- You have high technical aptitude and demonstrated progression of technical skills
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in French proficiency will be an advantage to liaise with clients and internal teams.
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team environment, learn new technologies quickly and training other analysts.
- You are able to work under pressure and have a commitment to solving issues
- You are willing to undertake 24x7 production support including scheduled and emergency night and weekend work
Snaphunt Pte Ltd