Ren Ci Hospital| Date Posted: 5-Aug-2020
Bachelor's / Honours
- The Speech Therapist post is a rotational post within the various settings in Ren Ci Hospital (RCH), namely Community Hospital (CH), Nursing Home (NH), Chronic Sick Unit (CSU) and Senior Care Centre (SCC).
- Provide assessment and intervention for swallowing and communication for the rehabilitation of patients and residents of RCH.
- Aims to maximise the speech and swallowing potential of patients and improve their quality of life.
- To assist HOD to develop suitable speech therapy programs.
- To assess, diagnose, manage and treat patients with swallowing, speech and hearing impairment.
- To formulate appropriate treatment plans and goals within the timeframe. Implement treatment plan, re-evaluate and modify treatment plan as required.
- To work with a multi-disciplinary team in RCH, which includes attending weekly case management meetings, participating in discharge planning in consultation with the patients, their families, the multi-disciplinary team and other external agencies involved. Communicate as required with other members of the team.
- To maintain an accurate and timely patient record by documenting in the patients' medical case notes after attending to the patients,
- To instruct and supervise Therapy Aides carrying out speech therapy interventions for the patients.
- Degree in Speech Therapy that is recognised by AHPC.
- Post-graduate qualification of certification in Speech Therapy is an advantage.
- Fully registered with the Singapore AHPC with valid practising certificate.
- Highly encouraged to be a member of the Speech and Language Therapy Singapore (SALTS) association.
- 1-2 years of working experience in the relevant field.
- Working experience in a geriatric community hospital, long term care or nursing home setting will be an advantage.
Ren Ci Hospital