Speech and Language Therapists
This position involves working with primary and secondary students with autism who have a range of social communication, language and literacy difficulties. Your job role will includes:
Assessment & Report Writing
- Conduct and report on assessment findings in the areas of language, literacy and communication in learners with autism within a school context for direct intervention planning and exam access
- Conduct school team based assessment for curriculum and lesson planning
- Plan and Conduct 1:1 and small group direct intervention on language, communication and literacy goals
- Make necessary referrals to external and alternative services where necessary
- Participate in collaborative consultation model with key stakeholders
- Participate in curriculum / program development projects
- For the position of Senior SLT - develop program wide or school wide intervention programmes on areas related to communication and language
- Provide training, consultation and instructions to educators on evidence informed approaches, tools and strategies to support students in language (including literacy) and functional communication (e.g. appropriate use of AAC support strategies to enhance spontaneous communication and social interaction)
- Deliver training to parents and teachers on issues related to language and social communication and interaction
- For the position of Senior SLT - provide supervision and mentorship to new / junior SLTs
For the position of Senior SLT - Management and Leadership
- Provide routine reporting on agreed Key Goals for Speech and Language Therapy service provision
- Influence the development of programme and policies to promote best practice in communication, language and literacy development
- Full registration with the Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC)
- Desire to learn about autism and the passion to serve the autism community
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes and different perspectives
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced work environment
We are also looking for Principal Speech and Language Therapist. Please write in to enquire about the position.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
If you are keen to be part of an organisation where lives are transformed, email our Recruitment Team at [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For information about other positions, please visit our careers page at http://www.autism.org.sg/careers
Autism Resource Centre (S) / Pathlight School