SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Metta School | Date Posted: 8-Aug-2018
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Plan Individual / Group Education Plans, Schemes of Work and Weekly Lesson Plans for each semester / week.
- Design lessons, meaningful activities and assessment tasks.
- Teach academic and non-academic subjects to pupils aged between seven and eighteen by applying the school curriculum in daily lessons in classroom or special room settings.
- Monitor pupils’ progress, achievements and participation in school activities through appropriate documentation and recordkeeping
- Implement interventional strategies with/alongside Allied Health Professionals to assist pupils with specific learning difficulties with speech, gross or fine motor skills, social interaction skills or psychological-related issues
- Prepare and use a varied choice of appropriate teaching and instructional aids and ICT to cater to the different levels of learning abilities in pupils
- Guide and equip pupils with the pre-requisite skills needed for future employment opportunities
- Collaborate with parents through various means such as telephone calls, emails, notes, letters, Parent-Teacher Conferences or home visits to facilitate pupils’ overall growth and development
- Degree or diploma from a recognized local educational institution
- Graduate with full ‘A’ level and
- 2 ‘A’/H2 Level passes and 2 ‘AO’/H1 Level passes (including General Paper or Knowledge Inquiry)
- 2 ‘A’ Level passes and 2 ‘AO’ Level passes (including General Paper)
- Must have at least 5 ‘O’ level credits, with at least a B grade in English and Mathematics
- Trained with Diploma in Education or Diploma in Special Education (DISE) and relevant experience in teaching special needs students are an advantage
- Good team player with strong communication and interpersonal skill
Interested candidates are to submit their detailed resumes stating current and expected salary to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be notified for an interview.
Metta School was established in 2001 by Metta Welfare Association with the support of Ministry of Education (MOE) and National Council of Social Service (NCSS). The school began its operations at a holding site at Chai Chee Lane. The school offers special education to children with Mild Intellectual Disability (MID) and to children who also have Autism (ASD), aged between 6 and 21 years.