Sourcing and Production Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
We pride ourselves as the best and largest vertically integrated, omni-channel women’s fashion brand in the region. Founded in 2010, we’ve grown to 150 people strong, proudly headquartered in Singapore with country offices in Indonesia and Malaysia and an omni-channel presence across these 3 markets. In addition to our retail franchise in Cambodia, we ship internationally to 15 markets (Hong Kong, China, Philippines and Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada, Macau, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia & Brunei)
We are taking our definition of new female retail global, with our sights set on becoming the most thoughtful brand for the everyday woman.
You will be responsible for developing our global sourcing and production strategy. You will play a pivotal role in the cultivation and growth of vendor relationships, helping to transform our design ideas into actual products for our community of women. As our Sourcing and Production Manager, you will be the key point of contact for our suppliers, dealing with the timing and practical aspects or orders. Reporting directly to the Head of Design, you will play a key role in shaping Love, Bonito throughout this exhilarating expansion phase.
- Open up new manufacturing leads within the region to support new product lines and/or categories, ensuring the best-fit of resources, cost and specialties are aligned for respective products.
- Together with Product Development team, visit international shows to stay up-to-date on new trends in manufacturing, technologies or raw materials.
- Develop a model to analyze capabilities of different production markets and hence inform our short-term and long-term production strategies.
- Together with Operations and Merchandising Team, using data and analytics to ensure that our product lines are developed in the correct market, at the correct price.
- Work out the terms of all contracts, licenses, insurance and liability agreements with all suppliers.
- Develop Love, Bonito’s QC guidelines (stitch + measurement variation tolerance, colour + print difference tolerance, etc)
- Frequent visits to factories to check the measurement, technical specs and workmanship of a garment, measured against our internal LB QC guidelines
- Play an active role in inspiring and pushing our suppliers to find the best technical solutions.
- Together with PD, conduct all relevant tests (stitch test, rub test, dye test) on new sample yardage & garment suppliers before going into bulk orders.
- Optimise bulk production lead times, liaising with production factories and our Internal Operations & Logistics teams to ensure that production schedule is on time.
- Negotiate high level costing with tiered discounting levels for volume maximization.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking across the industry.
- Tracks and measures supplier performance via score carding while fully analyzing and understanding supplier's economics.
- Develop Love, Bonito’s code of conduct & ethics to ensure all our products are developed within a sustainable and holistic work environment
- Work in close cooperation with all our partner factories to ensure that comply with Love, Bonito’s code of conduct & ethics
You should have / be
- An extensive knowledge of garment manufacturing, standards, requirements and processes.
- Possess extensive quality contacts with a range of international and regional manufacturers.
- A finger on the pulse of changing market dynamics within our production countries.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, with assertiveness in supplier management.
- A natural ability to establish, nurture, and cement strong working relationships to help us grow.
- The aptitude to navigate ambiguity and make decisions using both intuition and rationality.
- Adept with numbers and a have penchant for collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- A natural enthusiasm for collaborating among different departments.
- A can-do entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Open to extensive travel or periodic relocation in initial phases of factory tie-ups
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced understanding of apparel design, fabric qualities, printing techniques, and merchandising and product development processes
- Advanced communication skills; capable of interpreting and conveying international business concepts
- 4 to 6 years industry experience in Fashion, Textile and/or Apparel Manufacturing, Sourcing, Product Development or Supply Chain
- Experienced in working on a regional level, with people of different language and cultures.
- Proficient in English and Chinese. Other languages are a plus.