Sommelier - Waku Ghin
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 22-May-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- As a Sommelier your role is to have a high level of knowledge of wines as well as sake and be able to upsell to guests.
- Ensure all beverage stocks in the wine stand are used, stored and accounted for following company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update the wine list to reflect the products and vintages that stored.
- Ensure that there is continuous and adequate feedback being communicated to the Head Sommelier with regards to guest comments on the scope and content of the wine list.
- Responsible for maintaining the wine list, recommending wines accordingly and ensure the wine is enjoyed.
- Ensure communication with Head Sommelier to identify wines that need to be upsold in order to maintain stocks.
- Responsibility for maintaining the upkeep of the wine
- Responsibility for the correct use and maintenance of glassware and other wine related equipment in the restaurant including wine list covers, ice buckets, decanting equipment, specialty glassware, bar equipment, check covers and POS equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining an executing all the special beverage promotions designed to increase beverage sales in the restaurant.
- Maintain and update sales records and report any changes in stock such as vintage changes, shortage of wines and sold out wines.
- Ability to pair wines and food
- Comply and implement all health and safety requirement.
- To assist in the management of the front of house and Sommelier team to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant
- Maximizing sales opportunities through wine sales
- To be well presented at all times and to represent the external face of the restaurant
- To maintain Order of Service standards
- To carry out all tasks in a reasonable time frame to ensure the smooth running of the areas
- Complies and ensures Marina Bay Sands (Las Vegas Sands Corporation) hygiene policies are strictly adhered to on a daily basis
- Extensive knowledge of all wines and wine service, encompassing alcoholic or non-alcoholic items.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the wine trade and passionate about wine service.
- Possess excellent communication skills to provide expert service for the guests.
- Well-groomed and able to perform shift duties and work on weekends and public holidays.